Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Serve, Serve, Serve!



Hey everyone! Good Works must be a really great value if it's already getting two posts just to itself! (Read the other here.) But it goes really well with the Mutual Theme this year: 'O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve Him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before Him at the last day.' (D&C 4:2)

In the January New Era, there was an article called 'Serving God Through Personal Progress'. It gives some great ideas for ways to serve and live the 2015 theme while doing Personal Progress. 

In addition to the suggestions given in this article, Good Works Elective Experience #6 is great! Three hours of service, however, seemed a bit...much. How could I possibly find that much service??? I wasn't sure if I would be doing that one...


Until my awesome ward and Young Women leaders plan two separate service projects that are each about three hours.


Yep. I just hit the mother lode. 


I had actually been not-too-seriously pondering this experience, but I was still trying to think what types of service I could do. Then, over the pulpit in Sacrament Meeting, the bishop's counselor announced and outlined our annual 'Day of Service'. We'd literally spend three hours just serving our beautiful community! That's going to be in a few weeks. Just two hours later, in Young Women Opening Exercises, the YW President told us that next week, we'll be going to an orphan relief place and spending the whole morning serving there. 


Seriously, this is the best coincidence. Or maybe not. I don't really think it's a coincidence. But there it is. More than enough service hours for me to do this awesome experience and serve others! I'm excited for these opportunities, and I'll keep you posted (pun not intended). 


Have a lovely Wednesday! And tell me your favorite service experience in the comments. I'd love to hear about it!


You can share That Little Pink Book through email, Twitter, YOUR blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+ using the gray bar of buttons at the bottom of each post!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Annalee. One of my favorite ways to serve is to visit the elderly widows in my ward. They are so sweet, and they feel good to be remembered, I think. Really, I get all the benefits; they are such great company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and reminder to be looking for ways to serve, not just in our homes but in our community too. And Lily, I know the elderly widows must love visits from you!

    ReplyDelete