Tuesday, April 28, 2015

If the Savior Stood Beside Me...

This past Saturday, I attended the baptism of my friend's little brother and my little sister's friend.These people are the same person. (I hope you are sufficiently confused.) My friend asked me and a few of our other friends to sing the song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" as a special musical number. The lyrics are as follows:

If the Savior stood beside me,

Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of his commandments
And try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously
If I could see the Savior
Standing nigh,
Watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me,

Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind
If he were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior
Standing nigh,
Watching over me?

He is always near me,

Though I do not see him there.
And because He loves me dearly,
I am in His watchful care.
So I'll be the kind of person
That I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior
Standing nigh,
Watching over me.

These aren't all the verses of the original song, but this is the most well-known version. It is a beautiful song and a wonderful reminder for us humans who tend to forget that our Savior is always 'standing nigh' and watching over us, whether or not we are acting as we should. I know I am certainly guilty of acting the wrong way sometimes! I hope that we can go throughout our lives a little more uplifted each day, and always remember that the Savior stands beside us. 


Here is a great video of David Archuleta singing the song. 


Here is a slideshow playing to the words. It is just a great song in general and a favorite of many.


Have a great week!!!!


You can share That Little Pink Book through email, Twitter, YOUR blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google+ using the gray bar of buttons at the bottom of each post!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment